Dermapen Microneedling Aftecare
Thank you for trusting us to perform your Microneedling treatment.
Below, you'll find information for looking after your skin over the next couple of weeks.
During the skin healing process, minor itching, hives, flaking, or redness may appear. If
symptoms persist, please call your Dermapen™ practitioner.
Do not pick, squeeze or agitate during the recovery period.
Please avoid the following activities for up to 2 days following a
Dermapen™ clinical procedure:
• Direct ultra violet exposure (sun and solariums)
• Intensive cardio, exercise or gymnasium regimens
• Excessively hot showers, bathing, spas or sauna
• Spray or self-tanning
• Swimming in chlorinated pools or the ocean
• Tattooing (including cosmetic tattooing)
• Further clinical treatments (including, but not limited to): microdermabrasion, laser, intense pulsed light, chemical peels, muscle relaxant injections and dermal fillers) should be avoided for up to two weeks.
Please avoid the use of skincare products containing any of the following active resurfacing ingredients for up to 5 days following a Dermapen™ clinical procedure:
• Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) (including but not limited to) glycolic, lactic or malic acid
• Beta hydroxy acid (BHA) including salicylic acid
• Benzoyl peroxide
• Retinoids (including but not limited to) tretinoin, retinol and retinaldehyde
• High levels of Kojic or azelaic acid
• Alcohol (including but not limited to) isopropyl alcohol/de-natured alcohol/rubbing alcohol
Your DP Dermaceuticals regimen may be altered by your practitioner, according to your individual needs and skin conditions.
Light, non-occlusive and non-comedogenic make-up may be applied 24 hours post-procedure. Dermapen™ recommends Cover Recover™ as a daily skin protectant and camouflage in one.
If in doubt with any of the above activities or products, please call your Dermapen™ practitioner for clarification to when normal activity or use may be resumed.