Welcome back to the second installment of our best tips and secrets for wrinkles and anti-aging!
We hope you’re well-rested and ready to learn more tricks of the trade! Which leads us on to our first point:
- Handy Tips For: Acne & Breakouts
- Handy Tips For: Dry Skin
- Handy Tips For: Dull Skin (Part 1)
- Handy Tips For: Dull Skin (Part 2)
- Handy Tips For: Facial Redness & Rosacea
- Handy Tips For: Melasma
- Handy Tips For: Pigmentation & Dark Spots
- Handy Tips For: Sensitive Skin
- Handy Tips For: Stretch Marks
- Handy Tips For: Wrinkles & Anti-Aging (Part 1)
- Handy Tips For: Wrinkles & Anti-Aging (Part 2)
Improve Your Sleep
- ‘Beauty sleep’ is a real thing! Aim for eight hours a night to allow your skin time to fully repair and detoxify, with the help of the growth hormone – which only functions at night. Not to mention the fact that the more tired you are, the more likely you are to reach for junk food.
- Go posh. You should also think about treating yourself to a silk pillowcase (also known as an ‘anti-aging pillow’ – yes, really) as this can fend off fine lines, help you to retain moisture and make you feel like a princess in the process!
- Humidifier. Using one of these while you sleep at night can also help your skin, too!
- Cherry nice! Yup, drinking a glass of cherry juice can help boost your sleep as it contains melatonin.
When we exercise a compound called IL 15 is released into the body, which helps prevent the death of cells. One study in Canada found that those who cycled twice a week for two months reported looking decades younger – awesome!
Keep It Cool
The shower, that is. Hot water can dry out the skin, whilst cold water can help circulate blood flow, flush out waste, reduce swelling and prevent tissue breakdown.
The chemicals in cigarettes starve the skin of oxygen and nutrition (but you know this already, don’t you?).
Studies have found that stress hormones can directly increase inflammation (which can break down collagen) and prevent the body from its vital repair functions.
Anti-Aging Beauty Tips
Apart from these easy everyday habits, there are specific beauty tips that cause help keep your skin youthful and radiant!
Here’s what you need to know:
Wash After Workout
Don’t neglect this important step after exercising, as sweat and other dirt will settle into your pores, making them look larger.
You can’t go wrong introducing some of this wonder vitamin into your skincare regime. Sold as topical retinoids – one of the most popular anti-aging products – they can provide a serious line of defence against wrinkles, dark spots and uneven skin tone – as well as soaking up both biological and environmental stressors that can cause aging. However, some people may find themselves sensitive to it so it’s always best to visit a doctor or dermatologist beforehand.
Read more about Vitamin A here!
Don’t Neglect Your Neck and Chest
An often-overlooked beauty tip but oh so important; if the muscles in your neck and/or chest are tight, they will pull down your facial muscles, constricting the flow of nutrients and oxygen and resulting in a sagging, less-relaxed look. Make sure you include these areas in your daily skincare regime, whilst regular massages and yoga can be a real help, too.
Anti-Aging Facial Treatments at Home
There are a range of proven remedies that you can do easily from the comfort of your own home, such as indulging in overnight masks and choosing night creams which contain active enhancement products.
Anti-Aging Treatments in a Professional Salon
- Facials. As well as feeling just so goddam amazing, the circular motions made during an anti-aging facial helps retain elasticity – so important for young looking skin. Check out our range of advanced facials here.
- Exfoliation – another great habit to get into as, by encouraging the shedding of dead skin cells, helps to speed up the growth of new ones, resulting in younger looking, smooth and glowing skin. A word of caution, however; over-exfoliating can be damaging to the skin and actually make it look older, if not done properly. Luckily, we offer a range of professional treatments here. Read about Microdermabrasion and book here.
- Microneedling. An effective way of boosting your skin’s collagen production, helping to fill in fine lines. Read about Microneedling and book here.
- LED light therapy. Perfect for antiaging cell repair and regeneration – and proudly offered by us! Choose from a 4-session or 8-session course or add it on to any other of our facial services. Read about LED light therapy and book here.
Check out our full range of facials and advanced treatments. Book today!
Visit our Beauty Salon & Day Spa at Lovoir The Crossing: