POV: You’re looking at your reflection in the mirror and a million thoughts pop into your mind, one of them being: How can I get whiter teeth?
No judgements! We’ve all been there!
With the myriad of caffeinated drinks, wine nights, food trips, and natural ageing, our teeth can easily lose their natural gleam. But thanks to teeth whitening products and treatments, pearly whites are well within your reach – and by that we mean quite literally just a drive away to our day spa, Lovoir!
Our new teeth whitening treatment uses the Beyond® Polus II Ultrasonic Whitening Accelerator System to remove stains and whiten teeth, delivering instant results at an affordable price. And excuse us for being biased, but our clients agree that it is the best route to go for effective, safe, and instant teeth whitening.
Now, biases aside, professional in-office treatments are just one of the many teeth whitening options available in the market. You’ve got teeth whitening products like whitening strips and toothpastes for regular maintenance, and teeth whitening kits for more professional at-home use.
Either way, it pays to know the different teeth whitening methods before zeroing in on what best suits your preferences. That said, we created this article to guide you through the realm of brighter, whiter teeth and help you decide which is the best teeth whitening method for you!
Popular Teeth Whitening Methods
Our modern age is blessed with a multitude of teeth whitening choices, each tailored to different needs, and lifestyles. Whether you’re a busy bee with minimal downtime or someone who prefers gradual changes, you’re bound to find a teeth whitening method that’s perfect for you.
Here are the most popular teeth whitening methods worth considering:
Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser technology has transformed many cosmetic procedures, and teeth whitening is one of them!
Laser teeth whitening is an innovative method all about speed and efficacy, wherein light is used to enhance and intensify the whitening action.
How it works:
- A professional-grade whitening gel is carefully painted onto the teeth, which is then activated using laser light. This process intensifies the whitening action.
- Achieve multiple shades brighter in just one sitting.
- Great for those in need of swift results for special occasions.
- The method targets even deep-set, stubborn stains.
- A higher price tag due to advanced technology.
- May lead to temporary sensitivity for some individuals.
Good for: Effective, safe, and long-lasting teeth whitening.
Teeth Whitening Kits
Teeth whitening kits are a great top-up to in-office treatments, further enhancing your results through time.
While there are branded kits available in the market, the best kits are typically prescribed by dentists and are customised to your fit your teeth perfectly. Some dentists prescribe mouth kits following a laser treatment or simply as an at-home professional teeth whitening product.
How it works:
- Created and customised by a dentist, a teeth whitening kit includes (1) a mouth tray that is moulded to fit your teeth and (2) a professional-grade whitening gel containing a certain dose of hydrogen peroxide.
- At home, users are meant to apply the whitening gel inside the mouth tray, which is then worn over the teeth for a set period of time, typically a few hours or overnight.
- Flexibility and convenience – whiten on your own schedule.
- Most kits offer multiple applications allowing you to reach your desired shade.
- May take several applications to achieve desired results.
- Precision is key; improper application can lead to uneven results.
Good for: Gradual yet effective teeth whitening.
Teeth Whitening Strips
Teeth whitening strips have gained mainstream traction in recent years, a big part due to the social media world of influencers, Youtubers and Tiktokers.
Known for their simplicity and convenience, they’re akin to adhesive bandages, but for your teeth! Just stick them on, wait, and voilà!
You should keep in mind, though, that teeth whitening strips will not promise the same degree of results as professional in-office or dental treatments. On the flip side, they are effective over time and definitely fun and fuss-free to use!
- Easy and no-fuss application.
- Convenient at-home use.
- Portable and discreet.
- Possibility of uneven whitening as they may not cover the entire tooth surface, especially if you have a broader smile.
- Overuse can lead to sensitivity or weakened enamel.
- Does not deliver the same degree of whiteness and longevity as professional treatments.
Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
A gentle intro into the world of teeth whitening, these specialised toothpastes offer an easy way to whiten teeth without changing your daily beauty routine.
Although results are not instant and not as obvious, teeth whitening toothpastes are good enough to combating everyday stains from coffee, tea, and other culprits. That said, they are best paired with in-office treatments as a form of regular at-home maintenance.
- Seamlessly fits into your daily brushing routine.
- Offers a gradual improvement over time.
- Results are not instant and not as obvious as professional treatments.
- Effect is limited to surface stains.
- Requires consistent use to maintain results.
What Is The Best Teeth Whitening Method?
First thing’s first: When deciding the best teeth whitening method for you, start by factoring in your preferences – what are your goals, budget, patience level, and so on.
Do you want instant and long-lasting results? Laser treatments at trusted spas, like Lovoir, could be the answer.
If you’re leaning towards a gradual glow-up and wish to tweak the shade to perfection, at-home teeth whitening kits might be your cup of tea.
Simply looking for convenience? Whitening toothpasts and kits may be more up your alley.
Which Teeth Whitening is Most Effective?
Professional in-office treatments like laser teeth whitening.
While effectiveness can be subjective, professional treatments often pack the most punch. They utilize potent bleaching agents in a safe and controlled environment, ensuring that you achieve the dramatic results you seek.
Which Teeth Whitening is Safest?
Professional treatments like laser teeth whitening and dentist-prescribed mouth trays.
Professional treatments, although potent, are generally safer, thanks to the watchful eye of experts who ensure that your gums and surrounding areas are protected. With home kits, always adhere to guidelines to avoid potential issues like gum irritation or enamel erosion.
Which Teeth Whitening is Best for Sensitive Teeth?
All methods can be safe, as long as their ingredients are specially made for sensitive teeth.
Sensitive teeth require an extra layer of care. Opt for methods or products that contain desensitising ingredients. Many professional spas, Lovoir included, offer treatments or products that cater specifically to this concern, ensuring that you achieve a brighter smile without the discomfort.
Get The Best Teeth Whitening in NZ
Here at Lovoir, we aim to offer the best teeth whitening Christchurch locals can trust!
With a blend of expertise, state-of-the-art technology, and a touch of warmth, our aestheticians are dedicated to performing the safest techniques, delivering the best results, and unveiling your brightest smile.
Learn more about our teeth whitening service by visiting our website, or give us a call to personally talk to one of our specialists! We can even start with a one-on-one consultation to guide you through your concerns and what to expect from our treatment.
Rest assured, we always want what’s best for our clients – and that includes recommending only the best and safest treatments for you. See you at the salon!