Many of us go through the day with fleeting, yet constant, reminders that we are ageing. It’s not just the way our back starts to hurt after a 30-minute Pilates class or how sleepy we get after downing a cocktail at 9pm. Whether we admit it or not, most of the time, it’s that 5-second glance at the mirror before leaving the house. And there they are!
Where did that new wrinkle come from? And that age spot? Or the sagging skin in my left cheek? Reality hits: We are ageing, and our skin is too.
Let’s be honest, those first signs are just as emotional as they are physical. They beg the sensitive questions of time (am I really in my 30s, 40s, 50s?!), self-worth (am I passed the prime years of my life?!), conventional standards of beauty (will I ever look as beautiful as I used to be?!), and so many more deep-rooted insecurities that we all experience to some degree.
Thankfully, our society has (FINALLY!) gotten past the era of praising plastic surgical procedures, dermal fillers, unlimited botox, and heaps of daily makeup as the only acceptable ways to solve this “problem”. Because truthfully, ageing is NOT a problem. It is proof of wisdom, experience, and a life well-lived. Cheesy, but true!
And so, when it comes to our beauty treatments here at Lovoir, we take pride in offering holistic facials that never damage or alter your natural beauty. Instead, they simply stimulate your skin’s innate processes to help improve wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and other common signs of ageing – eventually giving way to a plethora of benefits for our skin tone and texture.
One of our favourites (and our customers too!): The Accelerate Facial. In this article, we guide you through everything you can expect from this facial treatment for wrinkles – the benefits, the procedure, and before & after tips. And when you’re ready to try it for yourself, book an appointment through our website or give us a call at the salon!
To start, allow us to answer the top burning question on everyone’s mind: Why do we get wrinkles in the first place?
What Causes Wrinkles?
The appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on our faces is due to a variety of internal and external factors – genetics, sun exposure, stress, lifestyle, our skin’s natural aging process among other things. But they all – in one way or another – share this underlying root cause: The steady loss of collagen in our skin.
Most of us are familiar with collagen as a skincare ingredient, one that is widely used in all kinds of beauty products – from creams to health supplements to protein powders. But did you know that collagen is naturally occurring within us? And is, in fact, the most abundant protein in our bodies?
To explain it simply: It makes up the connective tissues in our bones, ligaments, skin, and tendons. And one of its primary responsibilities is to provide the structure, strength and flexibility of our skin, keeping it elastic, supple, and healthy!
However, as we age, we produce less and less collagen, and by the time we turn 30, our production starts to decrease by 1 to 2 percent every year. Thus, our skin loses elasticity and proves more difficult to get back its once-firm, once-tight quality. So begins the saga of wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, sagging skin (the list goes on)! And, simultaneously, our hunt for the best beauty treatments and skincare products to help address them – but do they really help?
Can a Facial Help with Wrinkles?
YES! Most definitely!
If you’ve ever gotten a professional facial treatment, then you know how intricate, comprehensive, and well-thought-of the entire routine is from start to finish. It incorporates careful techniques, skincare products, and in some cases, innovative technology that all work together to target specific skin concerns and promote overall healthy skin.
Depending on the type of facial you get, you can look forward to an array of benefits – from visible improvements in overall texture and complexion, to more corrective solutions against deeper-rooted problems like acne, hyperpigmentation, skin ageing, and the like.
Needless to say, facials are (quite literally!) a treat for the skin, and getting them regularly is a great habit to practise for our skin to stay as fresh, flawless, and youthful as possible.
Here at Lovoir, we offer an extensive collection of bespoke facials for different skin conditions. One of our top recommended treatments for ageing skin: The Accelerate Facial. We’ll break down everything you need to know before trying it out for yourself!
What is an Accelerate Facial?
Our Accelerate Facial combines four of our advanced skin treatments:
- Chemical Peel
- Advanced Cell Repair Infusion
- LED Light Therapy
And together, they stimulate the skin’s natural processes, specifically the production of new skin cells, collagen, and elastin, which all play a key role in healing scars, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, dull and uneven skin tone, and other signs of aging.
In a nutshell: The proof is in the name! It is a fast-track, all-in-one solution that helps (1) promote cellular regeneration, (2) encourage skin health from inside out, and (3) ultimately deliver holistic benefits and superior results!
The entire session is 80 minutes long and is performed by a skilled aesthetician trained to safely and effectively execute these careful procedures based on your specific skin type and condition. Soon after your treatment, you’ll enjoy brighter, smoother, softer, healthier-looking skin and an overall more youthful appearance that can last for months (that is, until your next regular facial with us!).
Here’s how our Accelerate Facial works, plus all the benefits you can look forward to!
Benefits of An Accelerate Facial Treatment for Wrinkles
Step 1: Chemical Peel for Anti-Aging
- How it works: Skin-friendly acids penetrate into deep skin layers to stimulate collagen production and cell regeneration for new, fresh skin – all done without harming naturally-ageing skin. Depending on how severe your skin condition is, chemical peels can range from mild to deep peels, each using a chemical solution of different acids in different concentrations. It typically includes enzymes, salicylic acid, and alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid and lactic acid, either used exclusively or together.
- During the treatment: The customised peel solution is applied on specific areas prone to facial lines and wrinkles, like around the cheeks, eyes, and mouth.
- Helps reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and fine lines
- Helps lighten dark spots and minor hyperpigmentation
- Helps correct complexion and sun damage
- Smoothen skin texture
- Brightens skin tone
Step 2: Microneedling for Anti-Aging
- How it works: Microneedling is also known as collagen induction therapy because that’s exactly what it does – restore lost collagen in the skin. It subjects the skin to quick pricks that momentarily injure the skin and consequently trigger the production of more collagen and elastin. This natural wound-response of the body not only helps heal the skin from the punctures, but it brings with it a new layer of smoother, firmer, and younger-looking skin.
- During the treatment: Our O Cosmedics Skin-Inject MTS Derma Roller contains 600 gamma-sterilised micro-needles, which we apply throughout the face in vertical, horizontal, and oblique directions until the whole area is covered. While you may experience slight discomfort and skin sensitivity during the procedure, these sensations are totally normal and soon disappear as your skin starts the healing process.
- After the treatment: The Derma Roller is yours to keep and to use for at-home maintenance. Don’t worry, we’ll give you easy instructions that you can easily do on your own. During your next visit to the salon, bring back your tool for your next session with us!
- Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Helps lighten dark spots and minor hyperpigmentation
- Evens out skin tone and texture
- Tightens and brightens the skin
Step 3: Advanced Cell Repair Infusion for Anti-Aging
- How it works: A very mild current is used to open channels in the skin and skin cells. This current also delivers various vitamin-packed serums chosen for your specific skin concerns, wherein they travel deep into your skin cells while the current is being used. Once the current is removed, the channels close and your skin cells retain the vitamins.
- During the treatment: While the current is being applied, you may notice some The sensation mild tingling and a warm sensation. No worries, though, our therapist can adjust the strength of the current according to your comfort levels!
- Benefits: Depending on your skin concern, our vitamin-packed serums encourage different results. Our 3 serums include:
- Lifting & Whitening Peptide Complex (or reducing wrinkles, improving moisture level, enhancing electricity, and whitening overall skin tone)
- AcNo Complex (for decreasing oil production, redness and blemishes, and hydrating and improving moisture level)
- HydroCalming & Vit Complex (for moisturising, nourishing, and calming the skin)
Step 4: LED Light Therapy for Anti-Aging
- How it works: LED Light Therapy uses light waves to penetrate the skin and trigger specific biological processes for skin healing and rejuvenation. It comes in different light colours and wavelengths, each offering unique benefits for certain skin conditions, from anti-acne to anti-aging to anti-redness, and many more in between.
- During the treatment: Our Celluma Pro LED machine is equipped with three light colours and wavelengths: (1) Blue light helps kill acne-causing bacteria, (2) Red light helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, and (3) Near Infrared light for holistic healing in deeper skin layers. By exposing the skin to all light settings, they work together to provide tons of benefits for dull, ageing, and problematic skin.
- Helps reduces fine wrinkles, frown lines, and other signs of skin ageing
- Lightens hyperpigmentation like dark spots, age spots, sun spots, melasma
- Kills acne-causing bacteria and prevents acne breakouts
- Heals skin texture problems like scars and acne marks
- Regulates blood circulation and reduces skin inflammation, which are common causes of rosacea
- Treats inflammatory skin conditions that lead to skin roughness, like dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis
- Brightens skin complexion and produces a more youthful glow
- Penetrates into deeper layers of our skin for more holistic healing
- Promotes overall skin rejuvenation, health, and vitality
What To Expect From An Accelerate Facial
- Prepare your skin at least two before treatment! During your consultation with us, we will provide you with instructions on certain skincare products or medications to avoid to make sure your skin gets the most out of our facial.
- As an added measure, make sure to let us know if you are allergic to anything. That way, we can customise our treatment plan as well.
- Some people may experience slight tingling and redness during the procedure. But don’t worry! These sensations are expected and totally temporary – it just means the facial is working.
- Feel free to inform our skin therapist if you’re experiencing any discomfort during the procedure. We finish our facial with a soothing cream to further hydrate and calmyour skin.
- Expect a recovery time of a 3-10 days, wherein you may experience slight peeling, in treated areas. Like most intensive treatments, this is common and nothing to worry about. Follow the advice of our skin therapists on the right way to care for your skin after your facial. We will provide detailed aftercare instructions on what skincare routine to follow and what ingredients or activities to avoid while your skin recovers and heals.
- Limit daily sun exposure at least while your skin is still healing from the facial. If you need to be out and about, broad spectrum sunscreen is a must and wear protective clothing or a stylish sun hat!
- Schedule your next Accelerate Facial with us after 4 weeks. Incorporating a regular facial into your beauty routine will help keep your skin in the best possible quality as you continue to naturally age.
Where To Get The Best Wrinkle Treatments
Try out our Accelerate Facial here at Lovoir, and bid bye-bye to your insecurities and hello to fresh, flawless, plump skin you can proudly flaunt at any age!
We also offer other beauty treatments that you may want to check out for targeted skin problems like acne, scars, hyperpigmentation, and many more.
First thing’s first: Book a consultation through our website and let’s go from there. Our skin therapists will analyse your skin condition and make sure you’re ready for our treatment plan. See you at the salon!