Yup, you heard that right! Everyone, and we mean EVERYONE, needs a Deep Cleansing Facial.
Including you with the sensitive skin and your long list of beauty products, ingredients, and treatments to avoid. Or you with your never-ending skin issues that you assume need only the most advanced technologies and lengthy skincare routines to solve. And yes, even you with your seemingly normal, unproblematic skin devoid of any acne, pores, or uneven texture. We’re all in this together!
Wherever you find yourself in the skin spectrum, we can all benefit from a facial that works deep within our skin to clean, refresh, and rejuvenate. Plus, just think of that peaceful hour of much-needed pampering and relaxation – now, I’m sure we can all agree on that!
In this article, we discuss everything you need to know about deep cleansing facials and why they deserve a regular spot in your skincare ritual. Buckle up, we’re about to get really deep (pun intended)!
What is a Deep Cleansing Facial?
Let’s start with a fun analogy: Imagine your closet for a second. Now think of a piece you just keep coming back to – your favourite white tee perhaps, or your everyday lounge set, or that little black dress that easily transitions from casual daytime chic to classy date night.
Well, that’s essentially what a Deep Cleansing Facial is in the world of skincare treatments – the most basic item in the list, but a must-have staple that pairs well with anything, anyone, and any occasion.
It is the most common facial performed by skin therapists, aestheticians, or dermatologists, which they typically recommend getting on a monthly basis. The goal is simple and straightforward: To keep the skin constantly clean, hydrated, and healthy.
Deep Cleansing Facials vs. At-Home Skincare Routines
Now, some of you may be thinking: Isn’t that the purpose of a daily skincare routine? To address all the gunk and impurities our skin is exposed to everyday? Yes, definitely! Having a comprehensive beauty regimen is your first line of defence in protecting and caring for your skin.
However, adding a professional facial to the mix comes with its own set of advantages that no at-home skincare routine or DIY facial can quite measure up to.
- Expertise. For one, Deep Cleansing Facials are performed by skin experts who are skilled at analysing and understanding your skin and all its complexities. This kind of knowledge and training is what allows them to treat your specific skin type and condition in the best way possible, thus guaranteeing a more personalised approach and overall better results!
- In-Depth Skincare. A Deep Cleansing Facial treatment involves a more comprehensive and in-depth skincare routine that goes beyond the basic cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturising anyone can easily do at home. They include active ingredients and careful techniques like steaming, extractions, and facial massages that offer unparalleled benefits for the skin!
- Pampering. No convincing needed! Who wouldn’t want to spend the day in a salon, lying comfortably in bed, relaxed and at peace, getting the full royal treatment from start to finish? Sign us up please!
Deep Cleansing Facial Steps: What Happens During The Treatment?
A deep cleansing facial includes the following skincare steps, carefully curated and combined to restore the skin’s vitality and health.
- A brief skin analysis done by an aesthetician before the facial, usually to assess your skin type or any minor skin issues you may have
- Makeup removal (for customers who come in with makeup)
- Gentle exfoliation
- Extractions (if needed or if requested)
- Face masks (typically for targeted skin concerns)
- Facial massage
- Moisturiser and a broad spectrum sun protection
Now, depending on the salon, day spa, or dermatologist, these skincare steps can slightly vary. But they all basically benefit the skin in the same way:
Deep Cleansing Facial Benefits
- Deep cleanse the skin’s many layers and clogged pores from dirt, excess oil, bacteria, and other toxins
- Gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells and debris that clog the pores and cause dull complexion and dry skin texture
- By addressing the build up of skin impurities, it can prevent unwanted skin conditions like acne, blackheads, whiteheads, dryness, and premature ageing among others
- Hydrate and moisturise the skin, keeping it soft, smooth, and plump
- Improve blood circulation in the skin, which is crucial in keeping it healthy, youthful, and glowing
- Tone and prepare the skin to receive benefits from other skincare products and treatments
- Apart from relieving the skin from daily stressors, it also serves as a form of self-care for the mind and body
In a nutshell, a Deep Cleansing Facial is meant to rejuvenate and restore your skin’s overall health and vitality. Hence, our mission to get everyone in on the deep cleanse bandwagon!
Frequently Asked Questions About Deep Cleansing Facials
Is a Deep Cleansing Facial good for acne?
While a Deep Cleansing Facial is not be the best facial for instantly healing active acne, it definitely helps cleanse our pores and skin layers from any acne-causing bacteria, oil, and dirt!
That said, if you’re looking for the best acne solution, we recommend first getting a Deep Cleansing Facial as your base treatment. Afterwards, you can top it up with a more advanced, targeted facial for holistic treatment – which brings us to our next question:
Can you combine a Deep Cleansing Facial with other facial treatments?
Yes! If you’re dealing with more serious skin concerns, it can be combined with more targeted facial treatments for better results. These include LED Light Therapy, Chemical Peels, Microneedling, IPL Skin Rejuvenation, and many more.
Whatever the case may be, make sure to discuss your specific needs and goals with your skin therapist or dermatologist. They are best equipped to recommend the best treatment plan for you.
Who can get a Deep Cleansing Facial?
If our introduction to this article wasn’t clear enough, allow us to say it again: Deep Cleansing Facials are safe and gentle enough for everyone! This includes pregnant women, people with acne-prone skin, sensitive skin, and hypersensitive conditions like rosacea, eczema, or psoriasis.
How often should you get a Deep Cleansing Facial?
We recommend getting a deep cleansing facial once every 4 to 6 weeks. That way, your skin will constantly get a thorough cleanse to keep it at its healthiest state.
What to expect after a Deep Cleansing Facial?
If you get a Deep Cleansing Facial with extractions, you may experience some slight sensitivity and redness in the affected areas. As such, it may be best to follow a gentle skincare routine and avoid make-up for the next few days, at least until your skin heals.
But other than that, you can expect zero pain, discomfort, downtime or recovery – just clean, fresh, healthy skin from the inside out!
Get The Best Deep Cleansing Facial in Christchurch
If you’ve decided to give deep cleansing facials a try, come by our beauty salon and day spa in Christchurch!
Here at Lovoir Skin Body & Beauty, we take pride in our premium range of beauty treatments – from holistic facials for skin health and rejuvenation, to more advanced treatments for targeted skin concerns like acne, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and more. Whatever it is your skin needs, we’ve got something just for you!
Some of our customers’ favourites for deep cleansing include:
Our Best Facials for Deep Cleansing
- Deep Cleansing Enzyme Facial, which uses pure enzymes to gently cleanse, unclog pores, and exfoliate for smooth, bright, healthy-looking skin. It also includes facial extractions to address active breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, and other deep-seated impurities.
- PRIN Lymphatic Therapy Facials, a multi-step skincare routine that includes cleansing, exfoliation, an enzyme peel, facial mask, and facial lymphatic massage to detox, decongest, and rejuvenate the skin.
- Janesce Holistic Facials, which incorporate plant-based skincare products into a comprehensive routine to cleanse, exfoliate, and hydrate the skin.
Book a skin consultation with our skin therapists, and we’ll let you know what the best facial treatment is based on your skin type and condition. And for the ultimate glow up, try our Teeth Whitening treatment – your fresh, flawless face will pair perfectly with pearly white teeth!
Excited for a full day of beauty and pampering? See you at the salon!
Visit our Beauty Salon & Day Spa at Lovoir The Crossing: